[code][/code]

Sony Vegas Pro and AMD GPU's ?

Discuss all PC Operating System and general software news, reviews, problems etc.
(Game discussions should be posted in The Games Room forum)
Dicehunter
Private
Private

Sony Vegas Pro and AMD GPU's ?

Post #1 by Dicehunter » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:27 am

Up until recently I've been using Windows movie maker as it really did do everything I want i.e cut, Fade and render.

But recently it started behaving oddly, Making the audio go out of sync and it just became annoying.

I've started using Vegas Pro and noticed it has an option to use the GPU but upon rendering a video is really doesn't at all, I've seen it spike to 5% on my Fury X so I tried my brothers 980 and the same thing with that.

Is there any fix for this or should I start looking elsewhere ?

ImageImage

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Re: Sony Vegas Pro and AMD GPU's ?

Post #2 by Hivizman » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:28 am

If an application starts behaving oddly when it has worked before then the issue is with the registry/OS and nothing else based on my own experiences with that. A refresh of OS and all works as it should. Most likely a update did not go well and messed things up for you.

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

Gregster
Captain
Captain

Post #3 by Gregster » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:28 am

I use Vegas Pro and it didn't support Maxwell but there was a patch and it flys along now when encoding. Can't say I have noticed what the GPU usage is but will look next time.
3930K @ 4.625 - Tri SLI Titans - RIVF - 16GB Avexir 2133Mhz
EVGA 1300W G2 - XSPC H2 case - Fully water cooled with EK/XSPC
Asus ROG Swift Monitor - Logitech G19/G502/G25 peripherals

borandi
Private
Private

Post #4 by borandi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:22 pm

A number of people don't like GPU encoding, especially on consumer GPUs, because the driver runs little optimization tricks to go through it quicker and can make the output less quality (which some purists notice). Most film rendering either happens still on CPUs or pro-grade graphics for that reason.
Gaming: http://steamcommunity.com/id/borandi/
Reviews: http://anandtech.com/Author/140
>A Source of Cheap Hardware. Sometimes. What are you after?

ObscureParadox
Corporal
Corporal

Post #5 by ObscureParadox » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:57 am

As above but I don't think you even need to be a purist to notice the quality difference sometimes, it can look plain awful encoding on the GPU sometimes. I've only ever tried it on an old 4870 and later with a 7950 and both times I was very unimpressed.

Return to “PC Software”