[code][/code]

Help Please!!! I'm going to throttle someone....

Discuss all PC Operating System and general software news, reviews, problems etc.
(Game discussions should be posted in The Games Room forum)
snips86x
Corporal
Corporal

Help Please!!! I'm going to throttle someone....

Post #1 by snips86x » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:34 am

I'm having issue with creating and starting a service on a client server. The service has been created using SrvAny and the Service Account being used is part of the local system administrators.

However, when starting the service it's supposed to create a log file - which it's not doing. UAC is also disabled, I don't get a popup but the Registry Value for UAC is '1'.

My Question is: Is there a program which can list the permissions being used when running a service/application? I'm sure it's related to 2012 R2 but cannot isolate the exact cause.

Help would be appreciated, it's causing me a headache.

snips86x
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Help Please!!! I'm going to throttle someone....

Post #2 by snips86x » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:26 am

No-one?

I have 2 services which use this service control manager, one service runs just fine with parameters/switches and the other fails to start. I've extended the service timeout period but it's made no difference. This is where I start to think it's a permissions issue seeing as it works as on 2008 R2 but not on 2012 R2.

The service in questions works fine when started as an application and works as intended.

I've used the localsystem account and a functionalID setup for services but neither have an impact on starting the service.

Anyone?

kkn_
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Help Please!!! I'm going to throttle someone....

Post #3 by kkn_ » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 am

try this and see if this gives you enny help.

http://www.pearsonitcertification.com/a ... 8&seqNum=2

personaly i dropped w2012 r2 and went back to 2008 r2 too mutch hassle and cant be assed to spend hours to make all the pc's in to a web domain so they can connect to each other.
i found 2008 bether to use then 2012 and are more compatible to other win versions then 2012 is.

Return to “PC Software”