[code][/code]

The D'oh moment.

Discuss watercooling here.
Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

The D'oh moment.

Post #1 by Hivizman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:59 am

Finally got round to getting this case out of the box and started to put together my new build 24/7 system. Going to water cool the entire set up.

So far so good. Got the Samsung M2 SSD 500GB
Got the water block for the CPU
Got the VGA on route
Got the pump and res all ready D5 and EK res the all in one unit.
Got my radiator all ready and reading the reviews the case takes a 120.3 with ease.

D'oh moment.

I am using Thermochill rads I do not use any other and guess what they are too big. They are longer than a standard 120.3 rad it seems. FFS :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

Build on hold.

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

chrsplmr
Private
Private

Re: The D'oh moment.

Post #2 by chrsplmr » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Even the Masters can miss the simple, the taken for granted.

I was exhausted at the end of a day of house remodel painting, the television was sitting on a dresser that was on its side and I sat on the corner of the bed, close enough to reach out and touch the television, to watch the news while the wife showered. I sat there clicking the remote, took the batteries out and replaced them, shook it and clicked away to almost frustration. The wife walked out of the bath and asked, "What's the matter with you ?"
"aaaaahh, the damn remote won't work."
"Is the TV plugged in ?", she asked.

And make no mistake about it, if there is one thing on the planet that I am the Master of, it is the TV Remote.
Of course she will never help me out and tell me, "It's too big, it won't fit !!!". Some things a man has to find out himself. hahahaa .c.

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #3 by Hivizman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Yeah I just never ever thought to measure that. I have had the case for over a year now, slowly been building up the hardware that I wanted.

The final piece was the Samsung 951 SSD and bang I am good to go. Er not.

As to things not being plugged in let me tell you a story that did not cover me in glory.

Five years ago I am doing a show at a London University. Students Union hall is packed. The new Asus Rampage IV Extreme board first in the UK is on display. Great stuff.

Daggie and his assistant Ash are getting ready to rock and roll. 3pm and lets start the show.

On the mic and talking away. Look down and pause waiting for the system to power on. Er nothing.

WTF why nothing I tested it not 30mins prior.

Ok lets try again still nothing will not power on at all.

Guess what, one of the nice folks who can to watch pulled the plug of the extension gang we were using so they could charge their phone.

FFS I was so peeved that I did not look why no power - broke down the rig, rebuilt the rig twice. Swapped out CPU, VGA you name it.

F ing phone. :D :D

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

Gregster
Captain
Captain

Post #4 by Gregster » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Oopsie :D

I would have got the grinder out but each to their own :D
3930K @ 4.625 - Tri SLI Titans - RIVF - 16GB Avexir 2133Mhz
EVGA 1300W G2 - XSPC H2 case - Fully water cooled with EK/XSPC
Asus ROG Swift Monitor - Logitech G19/G502/G25 peripherals

Phill
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post #5 by Phill » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:25 pm

I've 3 spare triples here not doing anything at the moment that I don't need!! :lol:

I look forward to seeing how it proceeds :)

Bones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post #6 by Bones » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:19 am

Phill wrote:I've 3 spare triples here not doing anything at the moment that I don't need!! :lol:

I look forward to seeing how it proceeds :)

You could always "Daisy-chain" them for some excellent thermal capacity.
If you do there shoudn't be many chips at all you can't keep cool with that setup - Within reason for watercooling itself of course, you'll never match what sub-zero can do with it.

Phill
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post #7 by Phill » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:18 pm

I use quads for the benching at the moment, I have a separate loop for CPU and GPU (both on quad rads) I just open up the back doors or turn the heating off (which isn't normally on anyways when benching!!) and I have seen water temps down to 12c so far, I'm waiting till it gets really cold and seeing how far down I can get it and I'm also after a phase/cascade unit (probably somewhere in between) but that's another story and I don't want to derail the thread!!

Return to “Watercooling”