[code][/code]

Annoying. Help.

Discuss all World Wide Web, Internet and general networking news, reviews, problems etc.
Tonester0011
Corporal
Corporal

Annoying. Help.

Post #1 by Tonester0011 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:42 am

Posted this on OCUK a while back, but nobody really helped tbh.
According to BT i have FTTC, and i've had it a while only they wont offer me a fibre package because the estimate speeds are too low (<15mbs)

I want to know why, and should i go with Zen/EE who will sell me the more expensive full fibre deals on the bases the speeds might go up, bearing in mind if they do go up BT would have capped my speeds to their 15mbs package.

I'm always seeing Openreach at my cabinet, so there is a chance they might be sorting whatever problem exists. The speeds advertised ^ are basically what i currently get/potentially slower. Meaning i will be getting myself into a contract for no actual gains. I'm currently with Sky due to a forced move, and hate it. Constantly dropping out and my upload speeds have nearly halved.

[url=url]

1Day
Sergent
Sergent

Re: Annoying. Help.

Post #2 by 1Day » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:47 am

Right now I would stay where you are. BT will gladly upgrade your account once Fibre is available I can promise you that.
Music is the pleasure the human mind experiences from counting without being aware that it is counting.
Gottfried Leibniz

Gregster
Captain
Captain

Re: Annoying. Help.

Post #3 by Gregster » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:49 am

A few people I know are on EE and have nothing good to say about them T. It could just be the quality of the copper cable and the distance you are from the box being the reason for the slow speeds or like you say, it could be a fault at the box.

Might be worth waiting it out for a bit.
3930K @ 4.625 - Tri SLI Titans - RIVF - 16GB Avexir 2133Mhz
EVGA 1300W G2 - XSPC H2 case - Fully water cooled with EK/XSPC
Asus ROG Swift Monitor - Logitech G19/G502/G25 peripherals

Return to “Internet & Networking”